Finished: Sock Update

17:36 Renée 0 Comments



I do apologize for the lack of posts lately - I have started working full time and on top of that managed to catch a virus that decided to linger for a few weeks, so I have simply been too tired to do anything next to work. But I have a week off from work now, so I am getting a couple of posts ready for you guys! In order not to bore you with an overload of sock posts, I decided to just post a "sock update" every once in a while with a couple of pairs of socks that I have finished lately. This year I am aiming to knit 12 pairs of socks for myself, motivated by the Box of Socks KAL that Kristin of the Yarngasm Podcast is hosting. I have finished 9 pairs so far so I am pretty much on schedule.

#4 Honey Badger Socks
These where knit with Baerenwolle Baerfoot Sock in the Sakura colorway. The pattern is called the Honey Badger socks. I have to fully admit that I am a total copycat - I saw this pattern on Ravelry knit up in this exact yarn by someone else and I fell so in love with the combination that I just had to knit them too.





#5 Galaxy Socks
I got very intrigued by all the sock blanks I saw on the podcasts and really wanted to try one for myself. I found a lovely seller on Etsy called Sewknitobsessed who was selling very affordable hand dyed sock blanks so I immediately ordered two. When they I arrived I just had to cast on the purple one straight away because I was so excited to see what it would look like as a sock. And it did not disappoint! I just love the way they turned out. The colors combined with the sparkling stellina reminded me of the photo's taken by the Hubble Telescope so I named them my Galaxy Socks.







#6 Daphne Socks
I originally knitted these for the Cookie Jar KAL hosted by Candice (from Pinfeathers & Purls) and Laura (from The Fawn Knits) but I actually forgot to enter them in the finished objects thread - oops! The pattern I used is "Daphne" by Cookie A and it is knitted with The Wool Barn - Tweed Sock in a lovely silvery gray color. I absolutely love these sock, they are so pretty and will be such a wonderful accessory for my autumn/winter wardrobe. I need more lacy sock!





0 reacties:

Please don't hesitate to leave a comment or ask any questions - they are very much appreciated!